R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Jason84
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Will the exotek spur work with the stock mounting plate or should I get the whole exotek unit with the aluminum mounting plate?
I also had a question about shock Pistons. Seems like everyone runs the 1.7 2 holes in the rear and 1.6 in front. I was looking at the vrp piston and they say the 1.6 is for high grip. I am going to run 1.7 rear but does anyone run 3 hole 1.4 or 1.3? My tracks are low grip, medium at best.
Yes the exotek spur is the same size as the stock spur. The aluminum diff cap does work as a heatsink to help remove heat from the center diff / motor plate which is nice. Other than that there is no real benefit to the exotek center diff mount other than it looks nice. I do wish exotek offered black for the D413 parts it would be a great option Mike !!

More good parts to get would be front arms, rear arms, hingepin set (I have bent 3 fronts so far), Front shock tower mount braces I think most people quit breaking must have been some sort of silent revision but I have 2 just in case. Also keep 1 Rear shock tower mount, Front and rear shock shafts, few spare sets of traxxas x-rings for the shocks, front diff case, Rear hubs I got T-Boned and one broke so I ordered 2 sets (Exotek will be releasing aluminum ones soon I hope), Spare set of bearings and possibly front/rear shafts/axles if you want to spend the money, I also keep 1-2 extra spur gears for the exotek setup.

It really depends how hardcore you are going to race and how bad of a day its going to be when you cant finish.