R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 10:36 AM
mvrk28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
So ... Just to clarify .... You ran the car for a whole season with no front end issues , then all of a sudden it stripped out ? The diff and bevel gear stripped ? what exactly was damaged ? Your going to shim it with smaller shims ? to get more "thread " in it ? what are you saying here , what threads ? How many times has this happened ? What do you think caused the damage ? If it lasted a year , and nothing ( NOTHING ? ) changed , and now your having problems then I assume you have a theory , share it with us so we know
My issue is where the ball stud inserts in to the top half of the gear box. These have been stripping for me non stop. The smallest crashes have been stripping them, getting one trip to the track and the ball stud has pulled out of by the end of the trip. And the last two times the crashes have not been anything that would concern you about breaking. The current layout at my track doesn't have a jump on it that is capable of breaking this car. I am thinking about trying all new ball studs as well, as I said I really don't want to ditch this car.