R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy63
Thanks! Thats exactly what i thought about that setup sheet. What i meant in my previous posts was that the new chassies have so much flex it works against you, so a harder chassies then the 2.25 is the way to go to reduce the chances of grip roll? Thats what i think. And also what my latest test showed, also team drivers have told me that the new car is made for asphalt wich need more chassie flex to produce grip.
If i am wrong, please tell me, i want to learn :P

Latest post on my blog with setup sheet. www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Setups are hard to understand sometimes unless your right there to observe whats going on with the car. Honestly I look at the setup sheet and some of the adjustments contradict each other. Things like roll centers in the upper and lower settings, the amount of spacers, wide arms but narrow hexes, its either pure genius or sheer insanity, lol, and not knowing what was tried which didn't work. I know lots of times some of them are just personal preference and totally contradict what all proven factors say they should do.

Its all good though, as long as we all learn something about how we want the car to handle.