R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Project: Break in Dutch machine
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Roelof
Tech Lord

Now for real!

I was called yesterday that the oil supplier did not have the Eurol RX. I agreed to get the Castrol A747. It was delivered today and so far so good.

The case needed about 370cc oil and heating it up did go much faster than with water.
I started with 95 degree Celcius temperature. When the temperature was reached I started the motor on a high RPM and there was no problem at all. With changing the RPM I could even go as low as 200 RPM without issues. At 400 RPM the window wiper motor was taking 1A current

After 15 minutes the current was already down to 0.76A with almost the same RPM. I know the current at free spinning at 400RPM is about 0.62A so it was on its way. I decided to lower the temperature to 85 degrees which is a normal operating temp on the track regarding my telemetry system. Funny to see that the current went up from 0.76 to 0.78A, the 10 degree cooling did raise the pinch a bit.

After 2 hours the curent is at 0.72A and the RPM is a tiny bit raised from 400 to 438, a good sign the engine is comming loose.

Now at this moment with 3 hours running the current is at 0.69A and after 4 hours 0.66A, the current meter is a nice indication.

A movie:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Roelof; 02-02-2016 at 03:19 PM.