R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 01-25-2016, 07:05 PM
Finalist
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BLKXJ96
I want to try it in mine. Being a stock car, I have got it down to about as light as I want it. Now I want to start adding weight in places to keep my CG low and also bring back the planted feel when the car was 1600+ grams. If anything I will keep it just to do the hinge pin mod.
My b5m is going to be a 17.5 racer and I'm wondering about all the AL stuff too. Based on the FT setup sheets I've found for 17.5 B5m I see them running loads of aluminum parts. Spencer Rivkin has a 17.5 set up sheet out and he has the al rear hubs, and several al arm mounts and yet his weight is still jn the low 1500s. How the he11 does he do it?

I see lots of 17.5 set ups online running the Al front bulk head. The weight might be great. I was told by a sponsored local to get a full size servo because the b5m needs the weight up front.

Also, the front hinge pin mod... The pins don't slide out the front!?! They must not as every ft driver seems to run that mod.