R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 10:07 AM
fredswain
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
yeah that is what I noticed too.

So, can someone common with me running the motor the wrong way apparently in a 3 gear setup, what will I notice that is different exactly handling wise?
If you have the motor mounted on the left side but only have the gearbox setup for 3 gear, you'll floor it and immediately go backwards so get that fixed! Otherwise you'll have to reverse the motor rotation and it'll still be rotating backwards in relation to the wheels. Just fix it.

In my opinion, if you are used to driving 3 gear rear motor, 3 gear mid motor isn't much different. They handle very much the same but with a different weight balance. It's very neutral. It's 4 gear mid motor where everything goes to hell. You get on the throttle hard and the front end unloads and your front wheels are along for the ride. Get on the brakes hard and weight tries to shift forward, unloading the back causing you to slide out easier on corner entry. 4 gear mm is just all around crap in my opinion. 3 gear mid or 3 gear rear motor depending on track conditions are the way to go. 4 gear is an abomination that was created due to a lack of understanding of static weight based on traction requirements. But hey, you can easily do back flips mid air and we all know that style points alone win races!

The way I'm really interested in is the 210F motor orientation. I though the Team C TM2 was brilliant for this. Take artificial weight shift due to motor rotation out of the equation entirely and just utilize weight balance for grip. That car should drive about as neutral and predictably as is possible.