R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 09:29 PM
Troy Carter
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
how does the Bboy bumper stop it from lawndarting? to me it would just hit the BBoy bumber instead. what he did by grinding down the front is make it so that the wheels hit first instead of the bumper or skid plate making it not stick. Not saying i would do that because I dont have a issue with mine jumpping nose down. I almost want to know what his drag break is set at or setup making it nose dive off a jump. can you please explain how the BBot bumper would help it from still nose diving, just wondering? thanks
I agree, the BB bumper does not do what I was hoping for.

I chose not to use the BB bumper because I believe that it will still hit the ground before the wheels even if it does help the lawn darting issue. An issue that is non-existent with other cars due to how far back the front bumper of the car is behind the front wheels. So for me it was not an option.

My car doesn't nose dive off every jump, but it can happen and works very well. In the right hands it's amazing and in my hands it's respectable. This is dirt offroad and it has it's inconsistencies that can cause this occasionally. Most of us see it from time to time and it was frustrating to happen on this car but not others so I did something about it. I'm simply eliminating the possibility of it, not reducing it or having to worry about driving around it.

I don't run drag brake, don't need it with a 13.5 motor.

I'm not asking for setup help, driving help, or other solutions. I'm just sharing what I did and wish the car was like out of the factory. Clearly I'm not the only one who's seen this issue and I'm sure that if this was a factory setup all of us would be happy with it. Nobody with a 22-4 or SRX4 is adding a bumper that sticks out further because it's simply not needed and now it's not needed on my XB4. Love it or hate it, my car simply won't lawn dart anymore.