R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 02:29 PM
BentKa
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Slapjack
Bentka, I have a couple questions. Trying to generate more traction for my indoor clay track. I am ordering a center diff tonight (will 100k fluid be ok at first, maybe bump to to 300k later) but was also wondering if these parts would help me.

1. independent servo mount p/n 366220
2. Modified chasis braces - p/n 361168 which mount to the stiffeners on the chasis itself(eliminating the upper front and rear decks). If using these am I supposed to also use the front upper "shim " - p/n 361173?
3. I am also ordering a new wing. which would be better 1,5mm or 2.0mm? 2mm seems very thick. but I seem to break mine in the corners often, so maybe 2mm would be good.
4. I ordered body 369703 and it seems a lot thinner than my 2015 body. Is that the stock body or did I get the light weight version?

Independent servo mount will increase traction a bit and give more equal flex left to right.

Chassis braces 361168 can be used to increase flex and traction by removing the front and rear upper decks.

We always run the 1.0mm wing. The 1.5mm wing will increase life considerably. The 2.0mm wing is too thick and heavy in my opinion.

That is the stock '16 body. You can also get it in a thinner lightweight version.

We never run under 500' in the center diff.

500' for blown out low grip to medium tracks.
1 mill. for medium to high grip tracks.

This is what we used as a base for clay tracks on Malin's '15 model.

This also worked fantastic at the 2015 EUROS.

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb4_2015

Bent