R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-4
Thread: Yokomo YZ-4
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 02:37 PM
John Myall
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by madmikepags
I'm just curious about you guys breaking the arms on this car. I now have 4 race days on my car and have crashed (a lot) and some pretty hard crashes. The last one I bent a shock shaft and broke the drive cup on the front diff by hitting a brick pole at the track off a jump, but have not broken an arm yet. These are the original kit arms from the first batch of kits delivered and they were not boiled??????
I've broken one front and one rear arm so far.

The front one was on the first meeting, 2nd race with it, went into a chicane with too much confidence, thought there was a straight line through it, hit the track marking pipe, but there was something harder behind it. Result, broken front arm, snapped across the middle shock mounting hole. Didn't worry me too much, as I knew what I'd hit, plus it was around 0degreesC, so temperature might've had something to do with it.

Next meeting, I did the opposite side rear arm. This one was more of a worry, as I didn't think I'd hit anything, or if I did, it wasn't a hard hit. Snapped the arm across the inner hinge pin.

Car is from the first batch into the UK, arms weren't boiled.

I've since boiled the arms & had no more problems in two meetings.