R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C t8e v3
Thread: Team C t8e v3
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 03:49 PM
harry697
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I currently have two of these buggies and love them! Bought one brand new last spring. Built it and went to the track for it's maiden voyage. I hadn't raced in at least 5 years prior to this. Put the car on the track in box stock configuration and qualified 2nd in the a-main in a pretty talented field. The car just plain works!

Only thing I've upgraded on the car since new is a pair of aluminum chassis braces. Reason I bought them is because I cased a big jump and the chassis flexed to the point where it tore the rear mounting hole on the body. The aluminum braces cut down on a lot of flex. Aside from that, I've been running the car for a full season and haven't broken a single part. Only thing I see after a season of running is that the rear out drives are showing some wear. Aside from that, it still looks and runs like new.

As for you wanting to upgrade the shocks, I don't see any reason. The shocks that come with this buggy are among the best I've ever seen. I'm still running stock pistons, springs and everything.

I have the 2100kv version of the Trackstar motor in one of my buggies and I think it's too much power for most tracks on 4S. Would rather run a 1900kv, but they were out of stock when I ordered.

Looks like you've got a really nice buggy there. I would tear it down, clean everything well and rebuild all the shocks and diffs. Should be a very reliable and good running buggy for you. These Team C buggies are way under rated. I've raced several big brands over the years, but the T8eV3 is hands-down the best handling buggy I've driven right out of the box!