R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated RC 12 R5.2
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 04:34 AM
Robbob
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
It changes camber. If I remember right, running different inserts will make the cars camber flatten out while in the corner. This is all dependent on how much static camber and insert you are using. For example, if you run a 0 deg block with -1.5 camber and with the wheels turned there will be a noticeable angle of the inside edge of the wheel going to the outside edge. Whereas if you run the same camber with insert #2 this will flatten out the angle. This camber change only occurs when you're steering into a corner. I haven't tested this out on the track, but it should make the car easier to drive in the corners, maybe?

As for the instructions, I hear ya. I too had issues with it. You'll have to test it out and let us know.

Side springs.

Simply put -Softer will make the car have more rear traction.
-Hard will make the car have less rear traction.

You'll notice these side spring changes when going on to high speed sweepers and chicanes. If you find the car is under-steering then increase the the side spring rate, if the car is over-steering then decrease the side spring rate.

Keep in mind these sides springs might change due to your tire compound choices.

Appreciate all that!