R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2 MIP Pucks List for those who want them
Old 01-06-2016, 04:49 PM
OriginalDonk
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks for taking the time to respond Matt. I did notice that you guys expanded your offering of Pucks quite a bit and picked up a set for my Schumacher KF2 last year.

I personally can count the number of Serpent, Hobby Pro, and Team C cars I've seen in person on my two hands and each of those was running Mod. I should acknowledge that I'm less than an hours drive away from both AE and TLR headquarters which may skew things a bit.

Having said that, I've seen a lot of people pick up the YZ-2 because it's pretty much right at 1500 grams out of the box with a bunch of aluminum goodness included which makes it very attractive to those racing stock. No need to go out and chase a weight number when you're already there.

I'm not sure what some of those other cars weight box stock but the KF2 was on the tankish side and needed to be put on quite a diet to get down to the 1550 range. Some cars just seem to fit the stock racer's check list better than others. Add in the fact that Exotek has made a slipper eliminator specifically for the YZ-2 and I'm seeing more of them around.

I know you guys have to make sound business decisions but there's a bit of a YZ-2 cult following at the moment as far as I can see.