R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - If your new and want to say hi, post it here
Old 01-06-2016, 04:43 PM
lyons238
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hello all I'm new to the forum and pretty new to RC I've played with my little brothers 2wd slash for quite some time now finally decided to get my own. I ended up deciding on buying a TLR 22 SCT 2.0 racing kit and build it myself from the ground up. This gave me the knowledge I need for the future to fix and make decisions. I'm glad I didn't was a lot of fun and it up spending more money than I planned on but the end result is awesome.

I made this build primarily to start racing in the stock class which is the largest at my local track as well as some light bashing or backyard track practice. The truck handles amazing I was so surprised how well I handle compared to my brothers slash, I'm very excited to get better at driving.

Feedback is welcome along with any tips on what to upgrade next or set up sheets .

----------------------

Build: TLR 22SCT 2.0 kit

Electronics:
- Tekin RS Gen 2
- Trinity D4 17.5t
- Spektrum SRS4210 & DX4C
- Savox SC1258TG ( May switch to spectrum S6040)
- Trinity RevTech 5000mah Lipo shorty (racing) & 7150mah full size pack (practice/bashing)
- All black soldered wiring

Gearing:
- 76T 48P Spur
- 26T Pinion

Exotek Extras: yellow
- Alum vented motor mount
- Alum camber block
- Alum steering rack
- Alum shock perch & ring
- CF battery strap
- Ti turnbuckles

Wheels:
- Stock wheels w/ Proline Holeshots (blue)
- Speedline buggy style wheels w/ JConcepts Barcodes (gold)

--------------------

Pics:

My fist solder job

[URL=http://s91.photobucket.com/user/sml238/media/RC/IMG_0005_zpsxcsexuy4.jpg.html][/

Last edited by lyons238; 01-06-2016 at 05:03 PM.