R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rapture 2.0 4x4 SCT by CRP
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 02:27 PM
raved007
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Combat Chuck
The truck was originally designed for low-bite and bumpy indoor tracks we have in Michigan. I never knew it would be even better on high bite. The 2.0 changes the suspension to dominate outdoor 1/8th tracks as well as small technical indoor tracks. So the 2.0 is more of a dual purpose truck, where the 1.0 was better suited for only indoor, but held its own outdoor.

I will tell you this is the best 4x4 truck on the market...but I am a tad bit bias since it is my and Chris Krio's baby.

Rapture durability is class leading. Tekno is a 8th scale design also but made everything plastic, where we kept aluminum and carbon fiber in the places it needs to be. I have raced this thing since the summer of 2012 and I have broke 2 knuckles racing in sub zero weather. I am still using the original diff gears. I changed the bearings once when they felt gritty last year. That's all that broke on me, and I do hit the tubes a lot :-P

So for spares, I would say one wheel cvd shaft, cvd barrels, front upper and lower arms, and a set of front knuckles. You probably won't need any of these spares. The truck has no weak issues. Hope this helps, and I hope you pull the trigger!!!
Its sounds good but this kit you can't run standard battery one 2S like tekno but you can run 2 battery 1S or 2 shorty pack. I'm interested this kit too and I don't want to get another battery since i have 4 pair 2S battety on my tekno