R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 01-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Cridd
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slashn77
I would try a smaller pinion gear like a 30 because from what I understand the higher the pinion the more top end speed and higher motor temp usuallyso go down a few teeth on the pinion and get some of that low end power back.

However I have a hard time understanding which spur fear to pick like the 69 or 72.. I know that spur gear make much less of a different compared to pinion gears so if someone could explain that to me that would be greatly appreciated because I'm in the same boat on picking gearing going from a 8.5 to 17.5 class and I know in a stock class gearing is a huge park of it
From what I have read, spur size is all where you want your motor, further back with smaller spur, further forward with larger. Sometimes a 69 is too small for a certain gearing so you have to go to 72 so pinion hits spur. But gearing ratio is gearing ratio, different spur is just changing motor placement by a few mil.