R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 01-01-2016, 10:18 PM
racenut123
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by swerv512
Thanks racenut. I keep eye-balling the x1 but I've never really been keen on running what everyone else does (I run a serpent TC and local support seems sparce) unless you're telling me that the x1 IS that much better than everything else out there. At my level of racing, consistency seems paramount and spending time behind the wheel and trying new setups is what makes the hobby enjoyable and challenging.

Now back to my question: IS the x1 hands down asphalt king?
There is a tamiya locally that is all driver and not so much car. If you are a Serpent fan then the new F1 from them will be very competitive. I actually like it.
The X1 is hard to beat locally because all the faster guys run them. It's really good on both carpet and Asphalt. Low to high grip the car just plain works. Can any other car win? Of course, in the right hands. The CRC ,Exotec,Tamiya,VBC etc have all been proven cars. But as others have mentioned, having help from locals as far as setup goes, does go a long way. I was one of the first Xray adopters and soon after many started running them. I never owned any other f1 car,but the results were positive. I copied Jan's setup from snowbirds and it was dialed.Others bought the car and had the exact same experience.