R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 02:18 AM
BentKa
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
I see how the brace could help with the camber link area but having the brace go down to the 3rd bolt on the bulkhead would not have caused the tower to crack. The load is still on the bulkhead this way just the thicker part of the plastic. Rather than the super thin upper plastic part.
Most all my broken bulkheads have been from landing jumps flat not crashing. This last one broke from another car clipping me in a corner and hitting the tower
always break in sim spot, a brace like this for rear would have helped alot
similar breaks,car is really tough other than this part,glad to see it has been improved.if the 16 breaks here,ill use a piece of thin stainless bar in the front to connect the 3 holes and a 90deg bent brace for rear bulkhead.
In 2013 these braces were released by Xray to stop the rear camber link to snap the rear tower.

People were then making braces to connect the 3 rows of holes on the front tower/bulkhead.

This resulted in the front shock towers breaking as the bulkhead was not the weak part anymore and the forces was moved to the shock tower instead.

On the later models both the front and rear shock towers have had material added around all the mounting points and the front tower has had the thickness increased to 3.5 mm.

This will of course reduce the chances of the shock towers breaking when using a brace to connect the holes.

But I would rather suggest you upgrade to the '16 front and rear bulkheads.

As far as a bulkhead breaking because a car jumps onto you and hits the shock tower that will still happen.

These are race cars and are not meant to be driven through walls and move obstacles at your local track.

To make them 100% indestructible would mean they would weigh a ton and have the handling of a Traxxas. Neither is desirable qualities in a race proven buggy

If you want a brace to connect the holes then make one…..it's easy, only cost a few $ and only require a Dremel and a 3mm drill bit

Or there are companies in Europe that sell these (no I don't know who, but someone might).

Now go out and practice your landings

Bent