R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Charger question.
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 05:55 PM
Doug10
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Charger question.

I know this question has been asked 1.1 million times but everyones situation is a little different. Some can afford more, some less, and everyone is up to something different.

Im just getting back into RC, last time i was in it was nitro so battery charging is new. My boys each have Slash 2wd and Im probably going to get one too. We will be racing oval track with them, always running 3000-5200mah 2s 30-50c LIPO batteries. Most of them have a 2c charge racing with the exception of the Dynamite 4000 30c (9005) and thats a 3c. Currently we have 1 traxxas ID charger and it SUCKS! Takes exactly 51 mins to charge up the kids 3000 NIMH batteries. LIPO's are going to be picked up tomorrow.

So at the track each of us will have 2 batteries, probably 3000-4000's, racing 5 min heats. Im looking at a good charger setup. I have been looking at Hyperions, thinking i should go with 3 singles (better discharge rates) or a single and a duo, most likely ac/dc and skip the power supply. Then i saw on the Heli forums that a lot of guys have had issues.

Then i thought about the Charger 206b's x3 with 3 of the P350 Junsi power supplies.

I dunno how much data logging I will do, we are not going to be running packs that cost much more than 30.00-40.00 ea and all we have are iPhones, iPads, and a MAC at home. No laptops.

Any suggestions?