R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Scottrik
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Getting my TC6.2 together as my new VTA ride, a couple questions came up...

Question1: the eccentric cams that adjust belt tension and diff height...MY 6.2 manual lists the part numbers for the old TC5 pieces, the inner and outer sold separately. I'm pretty sure my 6.1 calls out the same pieces. NOW the 6.2 manual I just referenced lists a different part number for the cams AND both the inner and outer pieces are sold all together under one part number. Is there actually a difference with these cams on the 6.2 or are they just packaging the old parts together the way they always should have been?

Question 2: what is the deal with the .5mm shims spacing all the suspension mounts up from the chassis plate. What are these actually doing (other than making service a PITA)?

Question 3: a bit more "general" than the other questions, but what is the effect of raising and lowering the differential relative to the chassis? Trying to get the axles as straight as possible at your "selected" droop setting and ride height, or is there more to this? Differential height is not addressed in any of my setup guides (but then again neither was arm sweep...).

Thanks!!