R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 3.0 Race Kit Thread!
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tilimil
I actually came to this thread to post some questions about my ball diff problems as well. I am running on a high-bite indoor carpet track right now. It ran fine for a while but it started barking. So I started slowly tightening it back up but it was still barking all the way to the point that I couldn't really tighten it anymore and I felt the "gritty" feeling you mentioned. I have heard a lot of people have these types of problems on carpet. Should I just stick with a gear diff for carpet and keep the ball diff for dirt? Or is there something I might be doing wrong with the ball diff? Will LOSA2954 work on this buggy? What oil should I start with?
Originally Posted by MasiisaM
Yes the gear diff will work. If you do decide to go that direction. Replace the stock seals with Kyosho P5 o-rings. The stockers leak pretty bad and that fixes that problem. When i ran the gear diff on my 2.0 .after a ton of testing with my set up on a med-high bite track...I ended up with 5K losi.

After a bit of time i did go back to the ball dif and found it did work better..
I did a little gear diff testing since I have them I liked a 2 gear (take out 2 spider gears) and 20K fluid. Need to do some ball to gear testing but this setup felt pretty good going around the track and lap times were there.