R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 12-14-2015, 03:32 PM
Kalio
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mason
I run 34 and 35 on my B5M (original 4 gear). While it's possible they have altered the gear cover from 4 to 3 gear, it's unlikely that area would have been touched. Have you checked for a bent motor plate? Can you move the pinion down the shaft a little more? You could shim the cover out a smidge but unless you switch over to the fuel tube mounting method, the removal of the gear cover will get annoying.
Originally Posted by racer1812
What are you running for a spur gear?
Running a 72t spur gear. 3 gear layout. The motor plate is brand new, doesn't appear to be bent. I have the pinion gear in as far as possible with the grub screw still being accessible.

On a related note, I noticed the spur gear has a tiny bit of inward/outward play in it. I noticed the Lite Edition instructions made mention of inserting a shim for the top shaft but the CE manual made no mention of this, so guess it's still needed there. This wouldn't have any affect on the placement of the pinion though, so it's not related to this particular problem I'm having.