R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 12-14-2015, 12:35 PM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
No shots... just awesome to see someone fly from the other side of the country and go.. oh wow... this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay different.

I think we all know that if you have grip, ultimately you can wheel pretty much anything (more or less). Our tracks out here don't have anywhere near the grip levels... so your dialed setup there may have you doing donuts here (like he did )
A year of so ago, my daughter was racing outdoors on holeshots and ribbed tires. So lowish bite. When we moved and started doing indoor slicks, she found the transition to be fairly easy. But she was still tentative on the trigger pull. One night they over waters the track and everyone was doing donuts in the novice class, she was the only one able to drive on "ice". The other locals were way too used to throttle yanking. She beat guys/gal that normally put her down 2 laps. I just comes down to what you are used to. A couple weeks ago at srs they over watered by a LOT. The track had puddles everywhere. And puddles and slicks dont mix at all. She drove like crap. A year running indoors took away her softer throttle trigger. She normally wins novice/kids class these days, but finished dead last by 3 laps that day. I myself actually do better with slightly less grip. When traction drops and others complain, I start finishing much higher, lol. It comes down to driving style.