R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI RS4 Sport 3
Thread: HPI RS4 Sport 3
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Metal One
Tech Regular

Tried a new place to run this weekend. Big parking lot with plenty of room. I could not get this car to track straight for anything. It always wants to veer to one side or the other, even with a new high-torque Futaba digital servo in it. There are no adjustments on the car to set toe-in or anything and the servo saver is tight so back into the truck it went. I put the 3S pack I had planned for speed runs into my Glamis Uno and ripped it around a soccer field for a while.

I have thought about ways to raise the bellcrank with all of the steering parts available from other cars but I was holding off on grinding the chassis until I had exhausted all other means of getting this taken care of. I didn't want to make any modifications that might void any sort of warranty or return policy.

Fortunately, Tower has come through for me. I don't need to concern myself with it any longer other than to reinstall the OEM servo and RX and ship it back to them. I guess my dead servo and video was enough to get it returned as defective. Tower is good people and although I'm not very happy with Hobbico's response, I'll still gladly trade up to a WR8 Flux preorder if they'll do it. I know the WR8 chassis can handle anything I throw at it because I have the WR8 3.0 and love it.

This car has so much potential but it's not the one for me. I guess I won't retire my 15 year old Nitro RS4 after all. I can still get belts for it!