R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lipo fried question
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Slapjack
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Lipo fried question

I have no idea what I just did but I hooked up a trakpower saddle pack and a smc saddle pack to my hitec x2 charger to storage charge them. They were already charged up and I never used them this weekend so I wanted to get them back to 50% so I hooked them both up the same way. And when I went to check on them the trakpower was good but the smc said 4.9v on one cell ad 0.00 on the other now I can't do anything with it. The charger keeps saying invalid cell count and when I use a low voltage cutoff meter to check the voltage cell one flashes and says 0.00 and cell 2 says 7.87. An the total volt is 7.87. The only thing I can think of is I hooked up the balance plug wrong but you can charge a lipo without balancing it can't u? I never do but if I hooked it up wrong I wouldn't think it would matter. I also have he max charger set to 4.2 so Idk how it would have a cell at 4.9 or 7.87. But since it was storage charging (discharging since they were full) could it have drained one cell completely? This sucks.!!!! Any ideas?