R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Official AARCMCC EP On Road Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 06:31 PM
xraykid
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Radio Active
The situation as I understand it is that the BRCA have taken action in one case (or are about to). One or two motors have been approved, but because of a manufacturing fault a large number of units of that particular motor are out of spec, and this is giving a performance advantage. I expect we may hear more about this in the coming weeks. The same motor(s) are ROAR approved but ROAR hasn't acted thus far.

So, you have an inconsistency between what the BRCA and ROAR are doing. In this case AARCMCC needs to be proactive and outline the situation clearly.
What they've done is remind everyone that AARCMCC rules specify that motors need to be on approved lists AND also meet the technical requirements.

Do the rules need to be enforced better at major events re scrutineering? Yes, probably. I'm sure that's something the new administration are looking at. They haven't been in the job a month yet though, so let's give them some time.
If it's R1 Wurks motors you're talking about, the reason BRCA have not approved the latest motor is because although the changes to that motor have been approved, BRCA believe that for those changes a new part number should have been given to the changed motors.
R1Wurks believes this is not neccesary,so there is your conflict.