R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 12-04-2015, 05:59 AM
daktulos
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skjoldborg
Thanks a lot for your input Alexandre!

To my own frustration i already do that.
Setupwheels - check.
Turn them around - check.
Swap car 180degrees - checkety check!

It still indicates that the car is heavier on one diagonal line than the other. And especially thinking that the none-engine-side is heavier than the engine-side makes me really frustrated. Seams more and more like its bend I´m afraid. But I´ll do like Hanulec suggested and come back with the results!
One thing I made to my car is to measure the 4 preload screws (RHS) and be certain they are the same length.
After a setup change or rebuild I always screw those screw to the bottom and unscrew them 1 turn and a half at the 4 corners. Habitually I am really close to the ride hight I run and rarely to setup the car I need to adjust one screw more than an other left vs right...
You may try this and see for the same preload how off you are on the scale.
If it's still off and that you already checked for the straightness of the chassis you have something wrong on the suspension side for sure.
After the preload reset you may check to which end the car is wrong by checking the action of the suspension almost like when you check the droop. I do that by checking the action of the SPR02 vs the AM17 when I rock the car on the setup board and the wheels begins to moving up.

I think you figure the essential of what I mean.
Sorry if I am not clear English is not my first language