R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 12:19 AM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
im running it in E light form right now,the 4700 was causing me some issues untill i put a fan on it,soldered the bolts on the motor from the back and the front,terrible design to remove motor with tiny screws that wont stay tight. geared it down to 13 and cut some big holes in the body,now it seems much better. Im using a rx8 with no timing,but im not sure how to set it to match punch of 4 from hw esc. Im running epa at 65% and throttle curve flat.
I took the front end apart,couldnt find anything wrong,bearings all good,diff fluid looked good,maybe possibly a roughed up shim,one each on either side of diff,added some thicker fluid,trying 10k. passenger side wheel was still swelling harder on accel and even a wot. Held passenger wheel and gave it mid throttle for 5 min or so and it seemed to balance out a lil better after that.not sure whats causing that
Holding one wheel and giving partial throttle for a while will break in/wear in the diff. That being said, try swapping the tires. If the same side still does it, something mechanical is up. If the opposite side now does it, it is probably just a difference in the foams or gluing of the tire on one side.

For the RX8, try about 50 for current limit, 0 timing, and full epa. You shouldn't need to turn down your speed to keep cool. For a medium sized track I'd still run a 16 on there, though I've done 15 on small tracks once or twice when there was lots of traction. For keeping the motor cool, the biggest thing is to open up the scoop on the stock body. It'll actually channel air down onto the motor to cool it. That being said, short course electronics do get hot in eBuggy Lite, so a good fan is a great thing.