R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-4
Thread: Yokomo YZ-4
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Norse
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Thanks fellas! Got another suggestion as well from another gent whom suggested oils very close to both of your suggestions. In all, basically being closely within the same realm.

Before these suggestions I popped in 5k front 3k rear which I think I will go ahead and run, thus if anything to break the diffs in. I am not the fastest wrencher in the world being on the other end of the spectrum. With that being said, I try to dial in a happy medium diff oil combo right off the bat as changing diff oil in this buggy is going to take me some time. Rather be running than wrenching

Any thoughts on the 5k front 3k rear diff oil combo as a starting point would be excellent. The buggy is built thus I am hesitant to take her apart to change the oils, however I will if any advice provided points to this combo being to light. (Track is very very hard packed dirt! dirt! and more dirt thus quite dusty and slick. Traction does pick up when moisture hits the track but for the most part a dust layer will always be in the forecast)

Thanks for the advice and any thoughts on the above as I really appreciate others input.

Best,

Norse

Last edited by Norse; 12-01-2015 at 07:57 PM.