R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P Racing's Rebel 1/12th scale
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 03:05 PM
LloydLoar
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dray01
Cheers Chris,

How do you find the JFT foam? Also curious the reasons you ran a wider front end?

Thanks,

Brett
Hi Brett!

I used the wider front end because bite was really high on the new CRC carpet and the wider front end calmed the car down and helped keep it level. Both Donny and I ran the front of our mod cars wide - not sure where Ray ended up. Note that if you run the front end wide you will need either shims or another shock o-ring for the crossbrace.

I really like the JFT foam and highly recommend trying it. Their C compounds are similar to BSR blue/green compounds, but with a denser pore structure that seems to create a lot more grip. The JFT S compounds are unlike anything I have driven from other manufacturers, and they have better rotation and forward bite than anything else I personally have driven. I ran my mod car with both S35 and C40 fronts throughout the weekend- C40 fronts were a little easier to drive but slower, S35 fronts were faster but definitely harder to drive.

On the previous CRC carpet I found that the JFT S compounds have better outright pace and fade than anything sold by BSR or Ulti. During my testing on low to medium traction I found that the JFT S compounds typically had at least one tenth, typically two tenths, less fade over eight minutes than anything I tried from BSR or Ulti. I know most people won't believe it, but I can only speak to the results I found and would love to hear from others if they have similar/dissimilar results. I think the lilac spec tires might have better outright pace on the new CRC carpet for stock/13.5 classes, as evidenced by Cleveland, but the fade still seemed to be better with JFT S. Hard to say, though, since you never know what other people are trying at big races, which makes it hard to tie fade down to tire or motor/battery.

If you actually meant 'where do you buy the JFT foam' rather than 'do you like it', here is a link:

http://xenon.ocnk.net/product-list/49