R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 12-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Jmuck69
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
The new Championship car is a pretty good deal for 325 and during cyber Monday you could get one for only 259! Since the announcement of this car I have been wondering why so much bundled in one box. In reality the majority of racers will never have the need for a three gear and a four gear transmission and several other items will likely never be used. So why does AE need to give so much for a price tag of 259 (the price of a original B5M) basically when this car was released. Seems odd to me. My opinion, which is nothing more than that should create conversation.
I think AE is cleaning out the old inventory before a newer car hits the market. For example you get the new shock bodies, but the old shafts and pistons. Gullwing arms and flat arms, I have not seen anyone going back and forth with them. Three gear and four gear people run one or the other even the factory guys seem to be sticking with one or the other on the MM. The car is a great value for the consumer as well as good opportunity for AE to thin out some parts. I know everyone says the B4 was around for ten or more years nothing big is on the way, but its a different time now and things change much faster. Look how often updated kits come out.
I think we will see a very updated B5 soon.
1:updated chassis with new battery holder
2:slightly new transmission cases to accommodate 4 gear 3 gear and lay down transmission design.
3:new front arms
4:v2 shock shafts standard with maybe a updated shock body and cap
The CE car is a limited edition and AE is not going to make the factory lite the Flagship car. Just my 2 cents for fun.
why new front arms?