R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 06:54 PM
Wease
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiQ
Does anyone know ballstuds with long threads? When I was driving with 4mm spacers in front links, inner stud ripped off from the gearbox. So I would need ballstuds with longer threads for more secure.(originals are 15mm?)
Funny you should ask this, I just bent the rear inner ballstud when it ripped out of the rear carbon fiber camber link mount I had. You can't find the stock HB part number (HBS112983) anywhere in the U.S, which really pisses me off, but I digress. The longest ball stud this car uses is 10mm long. The actual dimensions are 4.8mm (ball diameter) x 5mm (height from top of ball to shoulder) x 10mm (thread length). After some extensive research I found that Losi makes a 4.8mm x 10mm long ball stud that works great, the part number is TLR6023. The only difference is that the TLR ball stud is about 6mm from the top of the ball to the shoulder because the shoulder is about 2mm in height. The HB ball stud shoulder is only about 1mm in height. I used these on my car this weekend and they held up great.