R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Atomic RC AMZ MiniZ Brushless 4wd Competitor
Old 11-28-2015, 10:35 AM
James_Dean
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by golgi
The last Mini Z I have experience with is an MR-02 with the stock radio. I haven't driven any of the newer models. Back then, I remember not being satisfied with it because there was a delay in response in comparison to my 1/10 scale cars.

With my AMZ I don't notice any delay. But then again, I'm using an Airtronics setup in my car rather than a stock radio. The car actually feels like driving a scaled down touring car to me. The AMZ has a good selection of upgrades and tunability to it. But then so does the Mini Z.

I would be curious to hear how a modern Mini Z compares to the AMZ. For sure the AWD Mini Z would cost a little more than the AMZ.
I had an MR01! Had serious steering issues, it kept spinning out on me, probably because I was a bit too trigger happy with the throtle. See the newest model, the MR03, is meant to have a slower but more accurate servo, or so the sales pitch goes.

Another thing I wondered, with the 4WD AMZ, the battery appears to be set to the side? Ok its 4 wheel drive so should have better handling but isn't that shifting the centre of gravity off centre a bit? Compared to MR03 where the batteries are relatively central. Mind you AMZ has the 2WD option with the battery much more central.

I'm so torn! Also the big sales point for the AMZ was that it was 20% lighter. But thats not so against an MR03 as Kyosho reduced the weight so its now only 10 grams heavier... about 6%