R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New 1/8 on-road "XR8"
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 06:37 PM
jag
Tech Master

Originally posted by wagnerov
I think it's a case of the wheel hole being too small, rather than the axle shaft being too big. It is a quality control problem on Enneti's side, not ours. In all honesty, we went through 25-30 sets of Jaco and Enneti tires at the Winternats, and not a single one was tight...oh well.

Jag: I'm guessing that you might have too much end play in the clutch bell. Try setting the clutch with .5mm between the top of the clutch nut and the adjuster. Then shim the clutch bell so that there is only 1-1.5mm of side-to-side movement. Make sure the 4 clutch shoes are between the flywheel pins, not over them. It should be heavy with that setup.

The "clutch problems" mentioned at the race above were user error...he put the bearings in the clutch bell incorrectly. The two ball bearings go into the clutch from the inside...he put one on the outside and one on the inside like most 1/10th cars. He's all set for the race this weekend!

And the plastic parts are nylon. All companies like to use a different composite percentage to achieve different goals.
I setup the gaps on the clutch as the instructions say. It's very similar to my 710. The problem is that I had to shim the collet and use a clutch nut from a Serpent and shim that also. The nut is about .5mm shorter than the one that came with the car. I think that the shims behind the nut may be holding the clutch disk too far from the 4 shoes but it doesn't matter if the shims are in front of the flywheel or behind it. It doesn't work either way. This is really starting to piss me off. The car is done, it runs great but only goes 2 mph.