R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2015, 12:00 AM
FAO
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
...also what is the servo mount for in the rear of car,I put a extra hobby wing pro esc back there on top of it ,it looks like if it where cut out that esc would fit there perfect,and get more weight towards the rear of the car, I thought it was not to cool to have the boxed in servo mount in the front for steering also,I use futaba hv servos that are a bit to wide to fit in it,that was a pain to dremel out.
..so did i. Sanva SRG Servos are a little bit to high also. I had to dremel out the chassis too. Wheigt distribution is nearly perfect with a motor less than 200g and a batterie of about 300g. What i do not like are the long cables for the motor corssing over the central diff. Thinking of mounting the ESC in front of the motor again, to get shorter connections. Beside that, i have issues with my Sanwa servos. I have 4 of them, and after a short while of usage (3 weekends), they begin to shatter very fast around the zero-point and get hot. If i give steeering input, there is no problem, but standing in the starting grid is a pain.