R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 11-17-2015, 12:05 PM
Nat Maniac
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Volition
On the weekend I noticed a lot of slop in my steering. Traced it back to the servo arm moving. Took it out and found the screw was loosened. I have a Protek aluminum servo horn and pt a washer on and some purple threadlock.

In my next race I had my fastest lap & time on that track. The next two races my pace dropped back again and noted the servo arm was a bit sloppy again.

Was it a fluke, how important is a bit of slop in steering. When I got home I ordered a star washer and will lock it down. Blue threadlock too.

I've become paranoid about steering slop and want your opinions on 3 things;

1) how important is eliminating steering slop.
2) exotek make a specific AE 10th scale aluminum arm, is it any good.
3) the jconcepts centering servo mount is this a useful bit of kit or just bling. Does the servo move with stock mounting?
Just my 2 cents but if you are having doubts about your equipment it's important to rectify it. Confidence on the driver stand is paramount

Whilst I can't comment on the b5m as I don't have any steering slop at least that I'm concerned about I replaced the stock steering rack on my b44.2 with the jconcepts aluminium rack and the difference was incredible. More importantly it gave me the confidence to drive the car how I wanted to and my results improved.

So my advice is rectify what ever you believe is causing the problem so that you can concentrate on driving and having fun.