R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 05:24 AM
vafactor
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jannedwr
Hi! Just ordered a CRC Xti wc. Will go thru this thread, but trying a shortcut by asking here first.
I have a Xray x12 now, and know some about 1/12´s.
Most cars have there own tricks, so how about this one, is there any known "tricks" to it.
About screws, it looks like all countersinks are steel, is there a kit of titaniums or do i have to buy all separate?
Seen some guys using other brands rearaxle/diff?
How about setting, i´m new to the class and we run on a midsize to tight mediumgrip track, is the stock (building) setup ok?
Thanks!
The stock setup on the WC car is just fine. There is one tiny omission in the instruction sheets however. The encore shock comes with 2 o-rings. One goes in the obvious place to seal in the oil. The other one goes on the shock shaft and acts as an internal spacer and cushion so that under full extension, the shock piston lands on the soft oring insead of bottoming out on the hard bottom of the shock body. Aside from that one little thing that is not explained in the manual......your car should work great if you build it 100% per the instructions. Tire size and choice and how you sauce your tires are perhaps the most important things to "tune" the car to your personal driving preference. While maybe not the absolute fastest, black fronts with grey or greylo rears are usually a good solid and easy to drive tire selection. Those work best on my home track since we tend to get some fuzz pickup and that family of tires is less prone to grabbing fuzz off the track. But if you want every last ounce of performance, you may want to try some blu or double blu fronts in combo with either blu or greene rears. Happy motoring.