R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2015, 08:53 PM
Jpdanger
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by avaldes
JP, I take it you don't like the KF or KF2 for dirt? I haven't read this entire thread, so apologies if you already aired your gripes.
No worries. I ranted enough many pages ago. No, I do not like the KF2 for dirt. The KF2 was possibly the best build I've ever done and it's extremely easy to work on and maintain. However, I believe it was never intended for dirt use. Schumacher is an English company that designed the KF/2 to work for their market which is primarily carpet. It can be made to work on dirt and even more so with the recently released MM option, but that is just a band-aid fix and doesn't solve all of it's short comings.

The price of the kit can also be very prohibitive as well especially considering it doesn't come with a ball diff, rear facing shock setup, and the additional cost of the MM option, or the CF chassis if you're running stock. I'll also recommend pucks or longer axles since the stock axles are barely long enough with the amount of ride height and droop generally used on dirt.

Others disagree with me on this issue, but this is my opinion. I think Schumacher made a mistake discontinuing the SV line and not designing a car to work in the US/dirt market.