R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 01:43 PM
werner sline
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitro2be
Since your just bashing do you know you can boil your plastics in hot water for 20 minutes and let cool all way down to room temp and it would make plastic flexible and hard to crack.problem solved for front arms. You can even repeat and they will never break. One more thing, you may want to put longer front chassis brace on since your bashing for less chassis flex will = less things breaking.

Nice jump and that front plate kinda odd with holder on top, I'm pretty sure it's upside down. Look at your manual!
thanks
i boiled my hobao arms back then with the same recipe ! and i broke them anyway.

the mugen's arms will go trough my special steel recipe to hold on a bit better. I'm satisfied with the results on my hobao's arms.
If the mugen's arms break anyway, I may even fit the hobao's hyperstar arms on the mugen !! I know, it sounds disgusting !

About chassis flex : I think more flex for bashing is better. The chassis will flex and help to absorb hard hits

I mounted the top plate upside down on purpose as I described it. because I notice the ackermann steering plate rubbed on it ! ( you can still see the scratches )
now the steering has more room.

Anyway, I will continue to break and modify parts to make the mugen a bit stronger for my needs