R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated T5M Discussion
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 02:31 PM
thecman26
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
I agree with both of you guys ^^ as I like to also know what the changes do when someone tells me to do it, so that I actually learn something. It is hard to actually find good info as everyone you talk to has a different way to do stuff, and it's hard to filter out the good from bad, as well as figuring out that the 2 different things 2 guys told you are actually the same thing just different ways of getting there. Saturday was a frustrating day as they combined our class with another during practice to save some time and I had a guy try to drive thru me with a SCT and broke a front arm and my steering and I was just willing to try whatever.
What I am going to do before next race is remove all lead I added (not sure of the size will look tonight), will get a different set of tires as well should I remove the Brass D mount as well and go totally stock and start over from there? all help is greatly appreciated and just looking for honest feedback and answers and not going to get into it with anyone over info they give as I am just trying to figure this out.
That's the problem when you first start out, heck I've been racing almost 9 years and I learn something every time I am at the track! As a new racer the issue is knowing exactly what your car or truck isn't doing right. I would let a local fast guy drive it and get their opinions first. As far as setups, the kit setup is a great starting point but for me the Rivkin setup is amazing! Leave the brass and just remove the lead for starters. Weight is just a bandaid for many problems. Getting the true problem fixed is important. Tires generally are about 90% of a proper setup. Get the right tires on the truck and you'd be amazed!