R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 02:23 PM
JDM_DOHC_SiR
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Just back from our first proper test session with the TC4.

This car is just out of this world. And I am comparing it with our TC3 with which my son Josh won all 3 finals just as he pleased last weekend. So this car is already better than the quickest car on our tracks.

We ran 4 packs today, actually making very few changes. It was more a case of getting used to the car. We ran on old tyres, and generally testing equipment as opposed to race stuff, yet he still made both the same race and lap times as he did while racing last Sunday.

His comments: The car is so much easier to drive and drives so much more precisely. ou have to put much more effort into the TC3 to get a really quick lap but with this one quick laps come up so easily.

I must say that even looking at it, I could see that it was so much more agile. When he corrected mistakes the car did what he asked straight away and with total precision. Everything seemed so effortless and although it was lapping regularly on record lap times, it actually seemed as though it wasn't going fast at all. Yet the watch gave us a different story.

There's still so much we still have to try. I have a feeling this car is going to end up so much quicker. And Josh is absolutely beaming with optimism.

I asked him today if he had to choose between his all conquering TC3 and this which would he drive in a championship meeting.

There was no question about it. No hesitation. TC4.

Is it possible I've hit it so right already? I'll keep you guys posted.
Sounds like you have a winner.. after you Iron out some of the small stuff with this car..it's really on point...
-Dave