R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 09:53 AM
BentKa
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teeforb
thanks Bent... Why is the exotek widths so much larger than the xray widths?

basically, i just want to use 12mm hex wheels, but keep the same width as the standard. Unless there's a huge benefit using some other hex size.
I do not know to be honest.

The only other wheel I have here now is the new slim JConcepts Mono front wheel for B5/RB6 that we got at the Worlds to test on the XB2.
This is meant to be used with the JConcepts Swaggers front tire for astro/carpet.

I have however ordered JConcepts Mono front and rear wheels in different offsets on Malin's next shipment of JConcept items to see if I can find suitable Xray 12mm hexes for both the XB4 and the upcoming XB2.

I have all the different hexes here so it's just a matter of finding the time once the wheels get here.

Reason for us using the Xray 12mm wheels is they give us a greater range of track width adjustment combined with the Xray wheel hexes and the wheels are softer as well to provide more grip and a bit of cushioning when landing jumps…….and especially on flat landings which are more and more common on our astro and carpet tracks.

Bent