R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-4
Thread: Yokomo YZ-4
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 05:51 PM
HSV427
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mocky
Actually Yokomo prices in Australia are not inflated at all. For example, a YZ2 in Australia retails for 500AUD which is 360USD.
http://www.hootrc.com.au/index.php?r...roduct_id=2913

I have not seen any store in Australia list a price I can purchase a YZ4 as far as I have seen, so all the "prices" which are being quoted for this new kit for Australia is pure speculation at this point.
The $850 price tag in Australia is not speculation i spoke to the distributor my self and till now he has not ordered any yz4 kits as he feels he can't compete, he actually asked yokomo how can he compete with some one like amain when they sell the kit for less than he buys it wholesale, and yokomo's answer was when you order as many kits as amain we will be more than happy to give you there price, in other words one hobby shop in America buys more yokomo kits than the actual Australian distributor buys for all of australia which is a clear indication of how small the Australian hobby industry is, these are his words, and its fair enough i am a big believer in support your LHS but when you can get a kit from amain for $700 delivered to your door why would you pay an extra $150 to get it locally, and as mentioned $850 is not speculation it is based of what his whole sale price is, and again his words not mine, any one in Australia is free to contact him and here it for them selves.