R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 2016
Thread: Xray T4 2016
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 03:58 PM
erchn
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goin2drt
So this worked perfectly. I think the black holders were just not pushed in enough. Skiddins it was the right one opposite the motor.

I finished the build and have a few comments and questions.

First I cannot find the internal gear ratio for the car. What would that be?

There has got to be a different way folks are attaching the shocks on the bottom. I found myself not wanting to tighten the ball on that piece that screws into the arm as I was afraid to deform or scratch the ball. Anyone modify this approach?
Just use a 3mm wrench to remove the ball and all from the set screw, works just fine.

I have had a belt tensioner on every on road car I own and it is optional for this car, is everyone using one?
Some do, some don't. Certainly not required, but it doesn't hurt.

Comments on the build: by far one of the easiest and quickest builds to do. I don't know if it is just the manual is written but it worked for me. I think the shocks will be interesting. From a build and a quality stand point they seem to be a few notches below the Tamiya ones I am used to. doesn't mean they won't perform. Again the way the shock attach are weird to me, different I guess. The steering seems to be way nicer and smoother with less slop then the Tamiya. Lastly that bumper is hardly a bumper.

Overall I cannot wait to get it out this weekend for a shakedown trip.
Get the RSD bumper or the XRAY hard bumper they came out with recently, it's pretty good also.