R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 02:14 AM
targetingxmod
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TPR 1
I don't know why other experienced racers are encouraging you to put a 6 cell
lipo in your xb4 ,the motor that fits in the xb4 will not handle 6 cells !
you'll end up frying the motor
heres some good advice if you want to run 6 cells buy an 1/8 electric buggy
X-ray make an excellent buggy for what you want to do .
I am used to challenges in the RC department!

I have 1/8's for that. I just want now a 1/10 for speed runs... i have a B44.1 with those oldschool retarded "brushed" power ball diff's, so i will keept it 2s like it should with a 5.5T for small bashing sessions, but like i said i want a 1/10 buggy for speed!

There are motors of 36mm diameter can's for 6s use. And there are no sadlle pack sizes lipos for 6s but i can make my own out of other lipos, no problem in there. Problem i see is the avaiable fisically space for a 1/8 scale ESC.

Look at my Kyosho 1/8 for speeds on 6s...
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Or my 1/14 Losi Mini8 for speeds on 4s....
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Or my 1/16 Kyosho Mini Inferno on 4s ....
+ YouTube Video

-Those MiniRc's in 4s? , yep and i got them for years without breaking anything major!

Look at those 36mm 4pole diameter 6s motor capable...

-That 13.5T seens to handle 27volts, so for 6s it's good!

And yes this is not for racing or jumpin...
Just speed runs where-ever i can and this XB4 have metal geared diff's so why not?

By the way i still got a 1/8 scale Xray to, this one for bashing not X speed's!! :P

+ YouTube Video

-Me driving on a track? Yikes...i am to "dumb" for track racing... i just drive straight! It's my thing, and no i do not like drag racing! lol

So in the end, a 1/8 ESC will fit but fan need to be removed, right? There ins't anyone yet that said the space in the esc space in mm's for me to start thinking about getting a XB4 roller??

Last edited by targetingxmod; 11-02-2015 at 02:44 AM.