R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 07:54 PM
justpoet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kohnen22
Hey Guys!!! I'm new the the forum but full of questions. So I've just gotten into sct racing and picked up a tekno kit 410.3 along with the rx8 esc and tekin pro 4 4600kv. But I don't know how to do proper setup for certain tracks or gearing. And my battery which is 8000mah barely makes a 5 minute main and I don't understand why. Any help is greatly appreciated.
For setup, your best bet is to decide on what kind of track you have (loose vs high bite, smooth vs rough, small vs large) and then go pick a setup sheet from Tekno's website to use as a starting point. From there, show us the setup you used and tell us what the truck is doing in a specific part of the track that you want it to do differently and we can try to give you some suggestions on what to do.

For gearing, with that motor, start with a 15 tooth pinion on a small to medium track or a 16 tooth pinion on a medium to large track. Even way improperly geared and set up though, you shouldn't be using that many mah in 5 minutes. Either something is wrong with the electronics or battery, or there is something binding up. To check for drive train binding, simply take the pinion off without changing anything else. Your truck should roll freely if you give it a small push from the bumpers. It should also move fairly freely if you push down on it and move it forward and backwards (this checks for binding that only happens when the suspension is loaded, such as on jump take off and landing). Lastly, when putting your pinion back on, also make sure the gear mesh is proper instead of super tight. It should wiggle just the smallest amount, rather than being jammed together.

When you do a run next time, and then put the battery on a charger, check to see how many mah go back into the battery and let us know. This will give an idea of if there is a problem with drawing too much power, or perhaps the battery is just weak and dropping voltage when you squeeze the trigger.