R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Change carpet onroad in the U.S.?
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 07:37 PM
Carl Giordano
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just read a number of pages including Paul C's comments. I could not agree more with Paul. For the past few years I've limited my electric on-road racing due to the insane speeds and lack of time to properly prepare. I've given up on sedan and frankly only prefer 17.5 1/12th scale. What I've replaced them with is the Tamiya TCS racing series for two reasons (i) my 6 and 8 year old can race in the novice class without the pressure of being in a TC class. At their level they are outgunned, get discouraged and will only result in a bad experience and (ii) TCS Mini cooper racing with 21.5 is a great class where the top 10 drivers are actually "racing" due to the reasonable speeds. This year I started racing off-raod and love the fact that its all about the driver! On any given Wednesday night this summer, there were 60-80 entries at our local off-road track.

Any chance to move electric on-road to lower speeds and closer racing format would be great for all. Lets be real, half the guys racing 13.5 1/12th are in point and shoot mode. Let the guys who want to go fast modified and bring 21.5 to 1/12th and TC for the rest of us!