R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin X1 - so close yet so far
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 05:01 AM
W.E.D.Jim
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

arghh, Like Aaron, I use only what is needed. Rough 1/8th scale tracks get max droop, which is the screw just lifting the arm off the chassis a hair. Smooth, or technical tracks, where corner speed is critical, get less droop, since the car will transition much faster with less droop, kind of like an on-road car.....well, almost, LOL.

Remember also, check your setting from side to side to make sure the car will handle consistently. This is easily overlooked in a monster buggy with too much power, but it does matter. I use a flat surface to hold the car up with the tires, all 4, just off the surface. This will show you if any one is way off. Then, afterwards you can check by raising the car in the center of either end until the tires come off the ground, just barely. If one raises off first, lower it's droop setting, or raise the later side to get the amount you want.

On road guys will be familiar with all this stuff, LOL.......

lmslms, cool, I just think it's better to hear it twice, then not to hear it at all, haha..............................ttyl, Jim