R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI RS4 Sport 3
Thread: HPI RS4 Sport 3
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Hubbisse
Tech Rookie

I got the RS4 sport 3 drift as I could not find any flux versions in the entire US and just added a Mamba max pro. I see so many are having problems with their dog bones coming out in the front and I have never had that problem. I have both the drift setup and bought the Porsche body and BBS tires and I don't know if anyone has tried this but there is a grub screw in the diff housing and if you tighten it you get a locked diff. When I first did it to the rear I got horrible torque steer when turning left but locked the front also and now I can drift around a dime. The only thing I have noticed with the front dog bone situation is some vibration when at full lock. I've never spit one out but did notice that the right side had alot more coming out so I took my diff apart to see what I could do and there are 2 shims. With mine they were both on one side. If you put one on each side all you'll notice is a little noise at full lock. Very glad I got the drift version and put a mamba max pro in cause I've heard of many frying their ESC with 3s. I'm good up to 6 so nothing but good times here. Adjust your diff shims if tour spitting dogbones.