R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Touring Car Pricesr
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 03:25 AM
dawgmeat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Soviet
It breaks down like this:

IFMAR / ROAR needs to pull their heads out of their asses in order to save Touring.

Suggestion #1: We are still running 5 min Mains for Touring. WHY?!?! Oh yeah...so we can use what is supposed to be runtime and burn it up in a 7-Turn motor. So we can change brushes every 4 runs to be competitive, so we can true our comms twice a day.

Stupid, stupid STUPID! There is no reason Touring can't run an 8-Min main like 1/12th. The speeds would still be plenty fast, however we would be running 10 / 11 turn motors and gearing a bit more conservatively. The longer races would actually USE our battery technology for it's intended purpose and the races would be more exciting.

Suggestion #2: Get rid of the old 4-Door body rule. Everyone is running the latest version of squashed jellybean. The class is no longer visually exciting and different.

Suggestion #3: Get rid of Stock motors. Restructure the Touring Class like other GT series and create GT1 and GT2 classes. GT1 would be unlimited Modified and GT2 would be 19-Turn motors. All the while of course remembering that you need to make your car last 8 mins.

I confidently feel that if the rules were changed according to my suggestions, Touring and ALL electric On-Road racing would be more fun and exciting, along with a bit easier on the wallet. Because in the end, it is NOT about factory drivers...it's about YOU.

Touring class slowing down ..........I'm assumming that you race in the hampton Road area, Va Beach. I was station in Norfolk just a few month ago and it was always a good turnout , if anything touring car is saving this hobby