R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on shipping etiquette!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 08:18 AM
TeamSkunkwerks
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Questions?? Hmmmm........

If the picture showed it was assembled, I'd like to think that I would receive the item the same way. I understand the sellers reasoning for putting it into a smaller box, but he should've gave you a heads up.
Maybe somewhere in the deal you told him or mentioned you were buying it as a parts car & the seller thought he wasn't doing anything wrong by sending it out partially unassembled & giving you an unexpected head start.

Originally Posted by racerfreedxxxs
I have bought from several people here on rctech the last several months. I have been generally pleased with the deals. My last deal i thought was kinda shady. Figured i would run it passed everyone to see if we are on the same page or if im over reacting a bit.

I bought a used 1/8 nitro buggy, complete roller with some spares. There was a pic in the add with buggy, body off, and spares lined up, extras bagged up ect. When I got the buggy the front and rear diff/suspension sections, shocks, radio tray was taken apart to fit the chassis and parts into a smaller box than would be needed to ship the buggy complete.

At first i was pissed, then calmed myself down because I really bought the buggy as a parts buggy. So eventually id be stripping it anyway. But then i thought what if that wasnt the case? What if the buyer wanted the buggy complete? I dont know, just seemed kinda like a dick move to me. If i sell a ride, and post pics of the deal. When the box is opened the item is going to be as you seen it and decided to purchase.

Just curious on your guys thoughts. Didnt name names, or specific car bought. I msged the seller that i was not pleased, and that he was lucky i purchased the buggy for parts. His response was hes shipped like that several times and never had a complaint.